Nepali Ghar, Denver, Colorado is holding a general election on 25 August 2019 for Executive Committee members. Nepali Ghar wants to ensure that this election is held fairly and professionally and requests all members, executives, and directors of the Nepali Ghar to carefully read this document in its entirety and anticipates your extended support and encourages your participation.
The Nepali Ghar Executive committee have constituted a three-member Election Committee (EC) consisting of Dr. Sangeeta Shrotriya (Coordinator), Mr. Bhushan L Shrestha (member), and Mr. Basudev Dahal (member).
The Election Committee was authorized to draft the policies and procedures for the election, which have been outlined in this document, and to conduct a free and fair election for the Eleven Nepali Ghar executive officers and Twelve board members for the upcoming new term.
Positions for Election:
• Executive Positions: No
o President – 1
o Vice –President 3
o General Secretary 1
o Treasurer 1
o Public Relations Officer 1
o Information Technology Officer 1
o Communication Officer 1
o Cultural and Event Officer 1
o Resources and Facility Officer 1
o Student Representative 1
o Women Representative 1
o Board of Director 10
Method, Date, and Location of Voting:
• Method of voting will be Ballot
o Voters should have valid form of photo ID (License or state ID) to vote for their preferred candidate(s).
o Location: Village Exchange Center, 1609 Havana Street, Aurora, CO 80010
• Must be consistent with Bylaws Section IV Article 3.
• Those Nepali Ghar members are eligible to vote whose membership remains valid on 25 August, 2019.
• The list of Nepali Ghar members has been published and posted on the Nepali Ghar website
• Members are requested to verify from this list whether their membership remains valid at least until 25 August 2019 and if necessary, to renew. The election committee shall publish the final voter list on 08 August 2019
• Candidates for executive positions must active membership and remains valid at least until 25 August 2019.
• Candidates for other BOD positions must be an eligible voter, as specified above.
Nomination Process and Fees:
• A candidate to a position must nominate himself or herself. Nomination by others won’t be valid. A person cannot file nomination for more than one position.
• Nomination must be made by sending email to election commissioner’s email address.
• Nomination must be filed by the deadline specified below in the election schedule.
• Nomination fee must be paid at the time of filing the nomination trough check payable to Nepali Ghar
• The applicable nomination fees for the following positions are:
o President: $ 100
o Other executive positions: $ 50
o Other BOD positions: $ 25
• A nomination will be considered valid only if the nominee meets the candidate eligibility and satisfies all the above conditions.
Election Activity Schedule:
• 06 August 2019:
Executive committee hands over Members List to the election committee and posts on the Nepali Ghar website https://nepalighar.org
the list of members whose membership has commenced no later than 31 July 2019.
• 08 August 2019:
o Election Committee publishes election notification and Voter list on Nepali Ghar website https://nepalighar.org
10 August 2019
o Election Committee publishes Final voter list on web-site https://nepalighar.org
12 August 2019
Format for nomination form shall be posted on web-site nepalighar.org https://nepalighar.org
18 August 2019
o Candidates file nomination.
20 August 2019
List of candidate Publishes on web-site https://nepalighar.org
22 August 2019
candidate withdrawals and complaints.
23 August 2019
Election Committee publishes the final candidate list on web-site https://nepalighar.org
25 August 2019
• Ballot voting: the voters must cast their votes on 25 August 2019 from 11:00 AM to 3:00 PM at the designated location.
25 August 2019 4:00 pm MST onward:
Election Committee counts votes and declares results.
• Any member (eligible voter for Nepali Ghar election 2019) may file complaints to the Election Committee related to candidacy, voter eligibility, correction of names and addresses, and any other issue directly related to the election within 24 hr of the posting of the related information and/or list.
• A complaint must be written and the person filing complaint needs to be identified.
• The Election Committee shall examine the complaint and render its decision within 24hr of receiving the complaint. The Election Committee’s decision shall be final.
Election Committee’s Contact Detail:
• E-mail address: email@example.com
• For more details visit Nepali Ghar website: https://nepalighar.org/