Rocky Mountain Friends of Nepal (RMFN: http://www.rmfn.org), Denver, CO is holding a general election on March April 6,2019 for executive officers and Board of Directors (BOD) positions. RMFN wants to ensure that this election is held fairly and professionally and requests all members, executives, and directors of the RMFN to carefully read this document in its entirety and anticipates your extended support and encourages your participation.
The Election Committee was authorized to draft the policies and procedures for the election, which have been outlined in this document, and to conduct a free and fair election for the seven RMFN executive officers and seven board members for the upcoming new term. The new term shall commence on April 14, 2019 and terminate on the day following the Nepali New Year’s celebration in 2021 (Bikram Sambat 2078).
The RMFN Board of Directors constituted a three-member Election Committee (EC) consisting of Mr. Raiwat Raj Paudel (Coordinator), Mr. Bhuban Krishna Shrestha (member), and Mr. Anil K.C.(member).
Positions for Election:
● Executive Positions:
○ Vice -President
○ General Secretary
○ Cultural Secretary
○ Public Relations Officer
○ Technical Officer
• Other BOD Positions:
o Woman Representative
o Student Representative
o General Representative (5 numbers)
Method, Date, and Location of Voting:
• Method of voting will be in booth and online
o Voters should have valid form of photo ID (License or state ID) to vote for their preferred candidate(s).
• Vote casting schedule:
Ballot vote counting:
o Voting will be done from 11:00AM to 3:00 PM MST at the voting booth, which will be set up on the Election Day April 6, 2019.
o Site and Location will be updated in RMFN web-site.
o Online Voting will start from April 3, 2019 8.00 AM MST and ends on April 4 2019 8:00 PM MST.
o Online voting web- site will be provided and updated in RMFN web-site whose link will be sent to RMFN member’s e-mail ID.
• Voting count will start from April 6, 2019 4:00 pm onward and winners will be declared at the end of counting.
• Must be consistent with Bylaws Section V Article VI.
• Those RMFN members are eligible to vote whose membership remains valid on April 6,2019 and the membership must have commenced no later than December 31, 2018.
• The list of RMFN members whose membership has commenced no later than December 31, 2018 has been published and posted on the RMFN website (www.rmfn.org).
• Members are requested to verify from this list whether their membership remains valid at least until April 6,2019 and if necessary, to renew. The election committee shall publish the final voter list on April 1, 2019.
Candidates for executive positions must have at least one year prior membership. That is, the membership must have commenced no later than April 7, 2018 and remains valid at least until until April 6, 2019.
• Candidates for other BOD positions must be an eligible voter, as specified above.
Nomination Process and Fees:
• A candidate to a position must nominate himself or herself. Nomination by others won’t be valid. A person cannot file nomination for more than one position.
• Nomination must be made by sending email to election commissioner’s email address.
• Nomination must be filed by the deadline which is specified below in the election schedule.
• Nomination fee must be paid through RMFN PayPal account at the time of filing the nomination.
• The applicable nomination fees for the following positions are:
o President: $ 100
o Other executive positions: $ 50
o Other BOD positions: $ 25
• A nomination will be considered valid only if the nominee meets the candidate eligibility and satisfies all the above conditions.
• March 11, 2019:
o Executive committee hands over to the election committee and posts on the RMFN website the list of members whose membership has commenced no later than December 31, 2016.
• March 15, 2019:
o Election Committee publishes election notification and post on the RMFN website the list of members
• March 20, 2019:
o Election Committee publishes Final voter list on RMFN web-site
• March 22 , 2019 to March 23, 2019
o Candidates file nomination.
• March 24, 2019
o Candidate withdrawals and complaints.
• March 26, 2019
o Election Committee publishes final candidate list on RMFN web-site
• Online Voting will start from April 3 ,2019 8.00 AM MST and ends to April 4, 2019 8:00 PM MST.
• April 6, 2019
o Ballot voting: the voters must cast their votes on April 6, 2019 MST from 11:00 AM 3:00 PM at the designated location.
• April 6, 4:00 pm MST onward:
o Election Committee counts votes and declares results.
• Any member (eligible voter for RMFN election 2019) may file complaints to the Election Committee related to candidacy, voter eligibility, correction of names and addresses, and any other issue directly related to the election within 3 days of the posting of the related information and/or list.
• A complaint must be written and the person filing complaint needs to be identified.
• The Election Committee shall examine the complaint and render its decision within a week of receiving the complaint. The Election Committee’s decision shall be final.
Election Committee’s Contact Detail:
• E-mail address: email@example.com.
• For more details visit Rocky Mountain Friends of Nepal web-site: www.rmfn.org.
Rocky Mountain Friends of Nepal